The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] OK, time to step back from the keyboard (for a bit)
@ 2017-01-04 20:17 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2017-01-04 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Goodness, I go to sleep, wake up 8 hours later and there's 50 messages in
the TUHS mailing list. Some of these do relate to the history of Unix, but
some are getting quite off-topic.

So, can I get you all to just pause before you send in a reply and ask:
is this really relevant to the history of Unix, and does it contribute
in a meaningful way to the conversation.

Looks like we lost Armando, that's a real shame.

Cheers, Warren

* [TUHS] OK, time to step back from the keyboard (for a bit)
@ 2017-01-04 20:59 ` Kay Parker
From: Kay Parker 	  @ 2017-01-04 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm really happy that there is some traffic in the list what wasn't when
I entered a month ago or so. And yes I didn't read any BS message. All
are/were really relevant to the history of Unix! Kepp on posting that
good stuff!

--
  Kay Parker
  kayparker at mailite.com

--
http://www.fastmail.com - mmm... Fastmail...

* [TUHS] OK, time to step back from the keyboard (for a bit)
@ 2017-01-05  3:37 ` Greg 'groggy' Lehey
From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey @ 2017-01-05  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday,  5 January 2017 at  6:17:21 +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> Goodness, I go to sleep, wake up 8 hours later and there's 50 messages in
> the TUHS mailing list. Some of these do relate to the history of Unix, but
> some are getting quite off-topic.
>
> So, can I get you all to just pause before you send in a reply and ask:
> is this really relevant to the history of Unix, and does it contribute
> in a meaningful way to the conversation.

Is this really necessary?  There's a certain amount of traffic
necessary to keep a list going, and restricting it can have unwanted
results.  Yes, I agree, there's a lot of traffic at the moment, and
I'm having trouble with it too, but it'll subside of its own accord.
And who knows, maybe some unexpected gem might pop up.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.