On 22 Feb 2017 16:57 +0800, from jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com: > My personal catastrophic issues with Linux has always been > the ‘hookers and blackjack’ approach, where someone doesn’t like > LIBC then they’ll just replace it, over and over and over. Then you > get binary commercial products (Oracle) which are a nightmare to > deal with, and now you end up with containers as a way to deal with > the horrible impossibility of deploying binaries to Linux. I’m still > hopeful someone will just “borrow” what NeXT did with packages, and > fat binaries. Something like _snaps_, which Ubuntu is apparently pushing in their most recent releases? What is a snap? https://snapcraft.io/docs/snaps/intro Can a vanilla Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Server run without snapd? https://askubuntu.com/q/878431/11751 -- Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.se • michael at kjorling.se “People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we don’t.” (Bjarne Stroustrup)