The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] CSTR files
@ 2017-08-28  3:04 Doug McIlroy
From: Doug McIlroy @ 2017-08-28  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

> As a *roff fan, I'd love, love, love to see the original roff sources.
> Especially anything that uses pic/eqn/chem/etc.

I have the source for CSTR 155, a trilogy on raster ellipses. It uses
interesting preprocessors that are, alas, mostly lost: ideal, prefer, eqn.
(If anybody has ideal, I'd love to get it. Even its author, Chris Van Wyk,
doesn't have it.)

Doug

* [TUHS] CSTR files
@ 2017-08-25 21:47 Noel Chiappa
From: Noel Chiappa @ 2017-08-25 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

    > From: Arthur Krewat

    > That's not RUNOFF on TOPS-10 (or one it's predecessors) is it?

No, RUNOFF on CTSS - _much_ earlier - CTSS RUNOFF was in '64, which was
the year the PDP-6 came out.

	Noel

* [TUHS] CSTR files
@ 2017-08-25 20:59 Noel Chiappa
From: Noel Chiappa @ 2017-08-25 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

    > From: John Labovitz

    > I found the earliest succession of roff predecessors went something like this:
    > 	TJ-2 -> RUNOFF (capitals) -> runoff (lowercase) -> rf -> roff

Did you manage to find out from Jerry if he knew of/anything about TJ2 when he did
RUNOFF?

	Noel

* [TUHS] CSTR files
@ 2017-08-25 11:01 Aharon Robbins
From: Aharon Robbins @ 2017-08-25 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All.

I have made a tarball of all the Bell Labs CSTRs that I could
file:  http://www.skeeve.com/cstr.tar.gz.

It's just under ten megs.  Warren, can we get this into the archives?

Thanks,

Arnold