The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Introduction to {t,r,g}roff & co...
@ 2017-09-04 22:06 Grant Taylor
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Grant Taylor @ 2017-09-04 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Can anyone point to an introduction to {t,r,g}roff / pic / tbl / etcetera?

I've respected them for years and with all the latest discussions about
them I'd like to try and learn something.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

From: Norman Wilson @ 2017-09-04 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Call me old-fashioned, but I still think the papers in Volume 2
of the Seventh Edition manual are a good straightforward start.
There's a tutorial on troff, and papers introducing eqn, tbl,
and refer.

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON