On Sun, Feb 04, 2018 at 03:05:11PM -0500, Dan Cross wrote: > > I think it was Lockheed Martin that ended up buying a ton of Alphas to run > NT for Exchange server. Shoulda stuck with sendmail.... > With the advent of mail.mil, the entire DoD is on Exchange now. Sure, it sucks, but since there's no way to get equivalent functionality with actual technical support for anything else, I'm not sure what anyone expected. Until something like Red Hat, but with a willingness to address customer needs, comes around, it's going to be the same old story, ad infinitum. That said, I've worked in a couple of DSRC sites, and at least one of them explicitly considers Windows a security risk... but they still have to keep workstations around because of the tight integration of the Exchange ecosystem. I don't know of anyone happy with the current situation. At least ARL (née BRL, of course) still has a healthy awareness of the architectural ins and outs of UNIX, if only they could get the free hand to innovate in that space. It's the classic problem both inside and outside the military: if too many technical people turn down the management routes, you get paths forward that don't involve any technical considerations... khm