On 2018-04-28 16:33, Michael Kjörling wrote: > /bin/fusermount is, of all modes they could choose from, `-rwsr-xr--`. it is setuid root because it needs the mount() syscall. it is only executable by a group (probably other than root, but you didn't say) to restrict the functionality to a subset of real users. I find than debian has these things _very_ well thought out - better than any Unix-like system in widespread use now. Or rather, 2 years ago when I stopped using it because systemd. -- Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet, if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup. To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.