On Wednesday, 7 November 2018 at 10:14:20 -0500, Clem Cole wrote: > On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 9:09 AM wrote: > >> The DEC drivers just left off the last 72 sectors. There was no >> provision using them for block replacement. > > Minor update -- *no dynamic replacement provision*. There was a > standard alone utility called BAD144 that implemented DEC Standard > 144 (Bad Blocks). Yes, this was also present in early FreeBSD distributions. I have a vague recollection that people warned against using it. Greg -- Sent from my desktop computer. Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. See complete headers for address and phone numbers. This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA