The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] RE  AT&T 5620 emulator
@ 2019-01-13 15:00 Norman Wilson
From: Norman Wilson @ 2019-01-13 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

Seth Morabito:

  I'd love to see a real Blit or jerq in person some day, but I don't even
  know where I'd find one (it looks like even the Computer History Museum
  in Mountain View, CA doesn't have a 68K Blit -- it only has a DMD 5620)

Doug McIlroy:

  The Living Computer Museum in Seattle has one. Ad like most things
  there, you can play with it.

===

It's a couple of years since I was last in Seattle, but
I remember only a DMD 5620 (aka Jerq); no 68000-based Blit.
Though of course they are always getting new acquisitions,
and have far more in storage than on display.  (On one of
my visits I was lucky enough to get a tour of the upper
floor where things are stored and worked on.)

Whether they have a Blit or only a Jerq, it's a wonderful
place, and I expect any member of this list would enjoy a
visit.

I plan to drop in again this July, when I'm in town for
USENIX ATC (in suburban Renton).

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON

* [TUHS] RE  AT&T 5620 emulator
@ 2019-01-14 22:25 Doug McIlroy
From: Doug McIlroy @ 2019-01-14 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

Norman is right. The Seattle museum has a 5620. Having seen "5620" in
the subject line, I completely overlooked the operative words
"real blit or jerq" in Seth's posting.

Doug

* [TUHS] RE  AT&T 5620 emulator
@ 2019-01-13 13:53 Doug McIlroy