The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Extra Two CDs in CSRG CD-ROM Set
@ 2019-01-17  6:17 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2019-01-17  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

All, I just found out in the past few days that Kirk McKusick has added another
two CDs in his set of CSRG Archives CD-ROM set. Some details of these CDs
can be found here:

    https://www.mckusick.com/csrg/index.html

I've purchased the two additional CDs, and I've put a file listing and
set of checksums for all files on all six CDs here:

    https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Documentation/CSRG_CDs/

Cheers, Warren

* Re: [TUHS] Extra Two CDs in CSRG CD-ROM Set
@ 2019-01-17  7:02 ` arnold
From: arnold @ 2019-01-17  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wkt, tuhs

Warren Toomey <wkt@tuhs.org> wrote:

> All, I just found out in the past few days that Kirk McKusick has added another
> two CDs in his set of CSRG Archives CD-ROM set. Some details of these CDs
> can be found here:
>
>     https://www.mckusick.com/csrg/index.html
>
> I've purchased the two additional CDs, and I've put a file listing and
> set of checksums for all files on all six CDs here:
>
>     https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Documentation/CSRG_CDs/
>
> Cheers, Warren

What's the link to get the additional CDs?  I didn't see it on that page
(but maybe I missed it).

Thanks,

Arnold

* Re: [TUHS] Extra Two CDs in CSRG CD-ROM Set
@ 2019-01-17  7:45 ` Madeline Autumn-Rose
From: Madeline Autumn-Rose @ 2019-01-17  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019, at 22:17, Warren Toomey wrote:
> All, I just found out in the past few days that Kirk McKusick has added another
> two CDs in his set of CSRG Archives CD-ROM set. Some details of these CDs
> can be found here:
>
>     https://www.mckusick.com/csrg/index.html
>
> I've purchased the two additional CDs, and I've put a file listing and
> set of checksums for all files on all six CDs here:
>
>     https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Documentation/CSRG_CDs/
>
> Cheers, Warren

What's on the additional 2 discs?

--
  Madeline Autumn-Rose
  b4@gewt.net

* Re: [TUHS] Extra Two CDs in CSRG CD-ROM Set
@ 2019-01-17  8:22   ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2019-01-17  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Madeline Autumn-Rose; +Cc: tuhs

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 11:45:43PM -0800, Madeline Autumn-Rose wrote:
> What's on the additional 2 discs?

Here's a top-level list. Cheers, Warren

CSRG/disk1/1bsd			CD-ROM #1 - Berkeley Systems 1978 - 1986
CSRG/disk1/2.10
CSRG/disk1/2.79
CSRG/disk1/2.8
CSRG/disk1/2.9
CSRG/disk1/2.9pucc
CSRG/disk1/2bsd
CSRG/disk1/3bsd
CSRG/disk1/4.0
CSRG/disk1/4.1
CSRG/disk1/4.1.snap
CSRG/disk1/4.1a
CSRG/disk1/4.1c.1
CSRG/disk1/4.1c.2
CSRG/disk1/4.2
CSRG/disk1/4.2buglist
CSRG/disk1/4.3
CSRG/disk1/VM.snapshot.1
CSRG/disk1/pascal.2.0
CSRG/disk1/pascal.2.10
CSRG/disk1/rr_moved

CSRG/disk2/4.3reno		CD-ROM #2 - Berkeley Systems 1987 - 1993
CSRG/disk2/4.3tahoe
CSRG/disk2/4.4BSD-Lite1
CSRG/disk2/VM.snapshot.2
CSRG/disk2/net.1
CSRG/disk2/net.2
CSRG/disk2/rr_moved

CSRG/disk3/4.4			CD-ROM #3 - Final Berkeley Releases
CSRG/disk3/4.4BSD-Lite2
CSRG/disk3/rr_moved

CSRG/disk4/Contrib		CD-ROM #4 - Final /usr/src including SCCS files
CSRG/disk4/Makefile
CSRG/disk4/README
CSRG/disk4/SCCS
CSRG/disk4/admin
CSRG/disk4/bin
CSRG/disk4/contrib
CSRG/disk4/etc
CSRG/disk4/games
CSRG/disk4/include
CSRG/disk4/lib
CSRG/disk4/libexec
CSRG/disk4/local
CSRG/disk4/old
CSRG/disk4/rr_moved
CSRG/disk4/sbin
CSRG/disk4/share
CSRG/disk4/sys
CSRG/disk4/usr.bin
CSRG/disk4/usr.sbin

CSRG/historic1/32v		Various historic UNIX distributions
CSRG/historic1/630src		not from Berkeley
CSRG/historic1/S3
CSRG/historic1/S5_1
CSRG/historic1/S5_1.purdue
CSRG/historic1/S5_2.0
CSRG/historic1/S5_3.0
CSRG/historic1/S5_3.2
CSRG/historic1/S5_4.0
CSRG/historic1/TOOLS
CSRG/historic1/Vax.Toy
CSRG/historic1/brl.pdp11
CSRG/historic1/cpio
CSRG/historic1/cpio.contrib
CSRG/historic1/dmd
CSRG/historic1/dwb
CSRG/historic1/pdp.archive
CSRG/historic1/pwb.1
CSRG/historic1/pwb.2
CSRG/historic1/pwb.3
CSRG/historic1/rr_moved
CSRG/historic1/sccscmds
CSRG/historic1/terminfo
CSRG/historic1/toolchest
CSRG/historic1/u3g
CSRG/historic1/ultrix11
CSRG/historic1/unisis
CSRG/historic1/usenix
CSRG/historic1/v5
CSRG/historic1/v6
CSRG/historic1/v6.compat
CSRG/historic1/v7
CSRG/historic1/v7add
CSRG/historic1/v7m

CSRG/historic2/CP		Programs and other operating systems that
CSRG/historic2/IBM-PCTS		shipped on or influenced BSD
CSRG/historic2/NIST-PCTS
CSRG/historic2/NeWS
CSRG/historic2/afio
CSRG/historic2/apl
CSRG/historic2/appletalk
CSRG/historic2/arch.81
CSRG/historic2/autochanger
CSRG/historic2/bib
CSRG/historic2/bind
CSRG/historic2/brunhoff.rfs
CSRG/historic2/cci
CSRG/historic2/cis111
CSRG/historic2/coherent
CSRG/historic2/convex.stripe
CSRG/historic2/courier
CSRG/historic2/cpm
CSRG/historic2/csh
CSRG/historic2/decvax
CSRG/historic2/dfs
CSRG/historic2/document
CSRG/historic2/drivers
CSRG/historic2/dsh
CSRG/historic2/dual.purdue
CSRG/historic2/egp
CSRG/historic2/enet
CSRG/historic2/fortran
CSRG/historic2/harris
CSRG/historic2/hawley.db
CSRG/historic2/help
CSRG/historic2/hyper
CSRG/historic2/icon
CSRG/historic2/kermit.6.85
CSRG/historic2/lincs
CSRG/historic2/local.cmd
CSRG/historic2/lpr.basic
CSRG/historic2/mach
CSRG/historic2/mh
CSRG/historic2/minix
CSRG/historic2/mmdf
CSRG/historic2/mon
CSRG/historic2/multiflow
CSRG/historic2/nachos
CSRG/historic2/named
CSRG/historic2/net.driver
CSRG/historic2/netfs
CSRG/historic2/news
CSRG/historic2/nqs
CSRG/historic2/occam
CSRG/historic2/proc.control
CSRG/historic2/prolog.tahoe
CSRG/historic2/pup
CSRG/historic2/rand
CSRG/historic2/rcs-V4
CSRG/historic2/rdb.debug
CSRG/historic2/rogue3.6
CSRG/historic2/rr_moved
CSRG/historic2/soft.tool.mail
CSRG/historic2/spms
CSRG/historic2/sprite
CSRG/historic2/sprite-1.096
CSRG/historic2/srogue
CSRG/historic2/sumacc
CSRG/historic2/sup
CSRG/historic2/tcp.bbn
CSRG/historic2/tcp.sri
CSRG/historic2/text
CSRG/historic2/umodem
CSRG/historic2/usl.lawsuit
CSRG/historic2/vaxima
CSRG/historic2/versatec
CSRG/historic2/vims
CSRG/historic2/warp
CSRG/historic2/worm
CSRG/historic2/xinu

CSRG/svnrepo/COPYRIGHT		A copy of John Baldwin's conversion of the
CSRG/svnrepo/README		SCCS database contained on the original disk4
CSRG/svnrepo/svn		to a Subversion repository

CSRG/Admin/Missing		SCCS login IDs with unknown user name
CSRG/Admin/Names		the mapping from SCCS login ID to user name
CSRG/Admin/README
CSRG/Admin/USL_Agreement	Feb 1994 agreement between USL and UCB
CSRG/Admin/mkiso		the script for building this DVD image