The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Retaining file-modified timestamps
@ 2019-04-04 12:56 Noel Chiappa
From: Noel Chiappa @ 2019-04-04 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs; +Cc: jnc

So, a while back I mentioned that I'd done tweaked versions of 'cp', 'mv',
'chmod' etc for V6 which retained the original modified date of a file (when
the actual contents were not changed). I had some requests for those versions,
which I have finally got around to checking and uploading (along with 'mvall',
which for some reason V6 didn't have). I've added them to a couple of my V6
pages:

  http://www.chiappa.net/~jnc/tech/V6Unix.html#mvall
  http://www.chiappa.net/~jnc/tech/ImprovingV6.html#FileWrite

Note (per the page) that the latter group all require the smdate() system
call, which was commented out in 'vanilla' V6 (because using it confused the
backup system); the page gives instructions on how to turn it back on.

       Noel

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-04-04 13:18 UTC | newest]