On Sunday, 14 July 2019 at 15:56:21 +1000, Dave Horsfall wrote: > 386BSD was released on this day in 1992, when William and Lynne Jolitz > started the Open Source movement; well, that's what my notes say, and > corrections are welcome (I know that Gilmore likes to take credit for just > about everything). Yes, I recall a release on the French national holiday, with specific reference to that event, but there were earlier versions of 386BSD out there. I have a message relayed from Bill Jolitz by David Harris on 19 March 1992, containing: I have made 386BSD Release 0.0 available with public access sources. This appears to be the same as the message at https://tech-insider.org/unix/research/1992/0319.html Greg -- Sent from my desktop computer. Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. See complete headers for address and phone numbers. This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA