The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* Re: [TUHS] systime
@ 2019-08-30 12:57 Noel Chiappa
From: Noel Chiappa @ 2019-08-30 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs; +Cc: jnc

    > From: Steve Simon

    > i went for a student placement there but didnt get it - i guess my long
    > hair (then) didn't fit as the interview seemed good.

Maybe you seemed too honest! :-)

      Noel

* [TUHS] systime
@ 2019-08-29 20:56 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2019-08-29 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

wow, systime.

i went for a student placement there but didnt get it - i guess my long hair (then)  didn't fit as the interview seemed good.

i had a mate who was working late on the day the combined uk police and CIA (it was said) arrived to shut them down, and tell them they ARE being taken over by CDC. the crime was selling systime re-badged vaxes to the ussr at the height of the cold war. seem odd now that they thought they could get away with it.

exciting times.

-Steve