On Monday, 14 October 2019 at 22:06:11 -0600, Warner Losh wrote: > The second was the simplicity of the install... Clearly you weren't installing Interactive UNIX/386 from floppy, like my first experience. It was like pulling teeth. I wasn't alone. A year or two later (about 1994) I was contacted by the editorial team of iX, a German Unix magazine, asking if I had managed to install Consensys UNIX System V.4 (maybe from tape by this time). They were having such difficulties that they ended up with an article saying effectively "Consensys looks good, and we've heard good things from other people, but we totally failed to install it". That was one of the things that I found so refreshing with BSD/386, also round that time. Part of the issue with the System V variants was the incessant entry of activation keys for every tiny component, as well as the lack of overall documentation. Greg -- Sent from my desktop computer. Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. See complete headers for address and phone numbers. This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA