On 2019-Oct-21 12:37:20 +1000, Warren Toomey wrote: >As in, 'cd' has to be built into the shell. If it's external, the forked >child gets to change directory and the parent shell doesn't. I'm just >putting this in for those who didn't spot the nuance immediately -- took >me a few tens of seconds. I'm still amazed at the number of people who don't get this and write shellscripts that save the working directory on entry and do an explicit cd at the end (usually without considering that the shellscript could die at other locations). -- Peter Jeremy