On Sunday, 9 February 2020 at 22:09:47 -0800, jason-tuhs@shalott.net wrote: > >>> All, I've also set this up to try out for the video chats: >>> https://meet.tuhs.org/COFF >>> Password to join is "unix" at the moment. > >> Just tried it out. On FreeBSD I get a blank grey screen. I could >> only get something more on a Microsoft box, not quite what I'd want to >> do. Is there some trick? > > * Install /usr/ports/net-im/jitsi. (Comment out the BROKEN line from the > Makefile and "make install" should work as usual; the source can actually > be fetched just fine...) In fact, the package was indeed unfetchable, but the ports collection had a cached version, which is what you got. But now I've brought it up to date (only 2 years old rather than 4). > * kldload cuse > > * Run firefox and surf to that URL. I haven't found that necessary. In fact, installing jitsi doesn't seem to be necessary. All you need is a more recent browser than the antiques I was running. Greg -- Sent from my desktop computer. Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. See complete headers for address and phone numbers. This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA