On Friday, 31 July 2020 at 10:05:55 +0100, Steve Mynott wrote: > Is there full bsdi git repo anywhere? > > I've vague recollections parts were merged into FreeBSD in the early > 2000s so I assume it was open sourced? From June to September 2000 (exactly 20 years ago) I merged some parts of BSD/OS 5.0 into FreeBSD version 4, releasing it as FreeBSD 5.0. This was part of an agreement (obviously) with BSDI to improve FreeBSD's SMP processing. For this purpose I received three source trees, labeled 4.1-RELEASE, 4.1 and 5.0-smp-devel. I still have them, and as far as I can see they're complete. Clearly they weren't maintained under git, since it didn't exist yet. The headers suggest RCS or (probably) CVS. For example: * BSDI exec_elf.c,v 1.7 1998/08/24 19:03:08 torek Exp * BSDI kern_fork.c,v 2.10 1999/04/20 22:40:19 cp Exp None of this was "open sourced"; we were allowed to use it for this specific purpose. But if you can get approval from the copyright owners, I'll happily give you a copy. You might also be interested in my report of the meeting which set this off, at http://www.lemis.com/grog/diary-jun2000.php#15 In passing, it was an interesting experience. Both BSD/OS and FreeBSD derived from (most recently) 4.4BSD Lite, but they had diverged to a point where it was really painful to merge the code. Greg -- Sent from my desktop computer. Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. See complete headers for address and phone numbers. This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA