The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Seeking wisdom from Unix Greybeards
@ 2020-11-25 17:14 Grant Taylor via TUHS
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Grant Taylor via TUHS @ 2020-11-25 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Unix Heritage Society, cctalk

As I find myself starting yet another project that that wants to use
ANSI control sequences for colorization of text, I find myself -- yet
again -- wondering if there is a better way to generate the output from
the code in a way that respects TERMinal capabilites.

Is there a better / different control sequence that I can ~> should use
for colorizing / stylizing output that will account for the differences
in capabilities between a VT100 and XTerm?

Can I wrap things that I output so that I don't send color control
sequences to a TERMinal that doesn't support them?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die