The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] The origin of Goto considered harmful?
@ 2020-12-04  0:51 Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2020-12-04  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

Last night I stumbled upon this speech by Doug McIlroy at Dijkstra's retirement banquet @ UT Austin where he tells the story of his first encounter with EWD and the origins of programming without goto.... Given that we recently had a discussion on "Goto considered harmful", you all may enjoy it. Make sure you watch the start of part 10 as well as that is where the story ends.

https://youtu.be/5OUPBwrufKA?list=PL328C7EFFC1F41674&t=326