On Saturday, 20 March 2021 at 17:18:43 -0700, Larry McVoy wrote: > Yeah, but wouldn't that mean that SCO Unix had to be open sourced? > Or did they buy the rights? They didn't "open source" SCO, but in January 2002 they released "ancient Unix" under a "BSD-style" license. See http://www.lemis.com/grog/UNIX/ But I'm sure everybody knows that. > While I mostly can't believe anyone would want SCO Unix, I do know that > they ran a lot of cash registers, or maybe they were the server, I dunno, > somehow point of sale and SCO was a thing a long time ago. So maybe it > is a legacy thing? I haven't been following SCO recently, but at some point they had taken UnixWare from Novell. I'm sure that, too, is common knowledge. Greg -- Sent from my desktop computer. Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. See complete headers for address and phone numbers. This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA