On Tuesday, 6 April 2021 at 18:10:48 -0700, Jon Steinhart wrote: > Dave Horsfall writes: >> And unlike the popular urban myth, Gary Kildall was not out playing golf >> when IBM tried to contact him. > > The myth that I had always heard was that he was out flying his airplane. > I asked Tom Rolander about it a few years ago, and it turns out that it > is true but misleading; he was coming back from a customer visit, not > goofing off. Another hypothesis I had ties in with this: both he and Bill Gates were speakers at Euromicro 1980 in London, from 16 to 18 September. Bill Gates was a no-show. Would that fit in with Gary's "gone flying"? Greg -- Sent from my desktop computer. Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. See complete headers for address and phone numbers. This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php