From: norman@oclsc.org (Norman Wilson)
To: tuhs@tuhs.org
Subject: Re: [TUHS] pcc in 8th edition
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 16:48:42 -0400 (EDT)

I was waiting to see whether Steve Johnson would speak
up, because I'm not much of an expert; but yes, the VAX
C compiler in V8/V9/V10 is pcc2.

I think there are a few Research-specific hacks to add
additional stab info for pi(9.1) and on request insert
basic-block profiling for lcomp(1), but nothing major.

Maybe we did some hacking on c2 as well.  I know I did
a lot of c2 cleanup later in my personal hacking in
Toronto, but I don't think I did much if any in New
Jersey.  But that's independent of the compiler (modulo,
I think, some of my later fixes discovered by using c2
with a different compiler).

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON