The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: arnold@skeeve.com
To: lm@mcvoy.com, gingell@computer.org
Cc: tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org
Subject: Re: [TUHS] Mythical Distress Sale (was Re: moving directories in svr2)
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 08:26:23 -0700	[thread overview]

OK, serious question. Why did Sun "sell out" to AT&T if they could
have raised capital in the market?  Did the executive team just not
care about what moving to System V would mean? Or did they not understand
it?

How desperate were they? And why were they so desparate? Were there
other alternatives they could have pursued?

I too lived through those times, from the outside, and it was indeed
a shocker when they moved from SunOS to Solaris.

Thanks,

Arnold