On Monday, 10 January 2022 at 13:00:15 -0600, Blake McBride wrote: > I like that groff and TeX are rock solid and well supported. In fact, I > wrote a report generator for a modern web development framework using > troff. I use it to develop reports on a routine basis. (kissweb.org) > Sadly, however, if word of their existence doesn't get out there, I see > them both disappearing in not much longer than a generation. This would be > sad indeed. As long as man pages are formatted with ?roff, I don't see it going away. I don't suppose many people use troff any more, but there are enough of us, and as long as man pages stay the way they are, I don't think we're in any danger. Greg -- Sent from my desktop computer. Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. See complete headers for address and phone numbers. This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php