The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Pro/Venix 2.0: reconstructed
@ 2022-04-26 22:33 Warren Toomey via TUHS
From: Warren Toomey via TUHS @ 2022-04-26 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

Hi all, I just received this in the e-mail a few days ago:

[ now at https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/DEC/Venix/ProVenix_2.0/ ]

From: Peter Klapper
Subject: PRO/VENIX 2.0 reconstructed ...

... and tested, for your collection ;-)

Probably the best OS for the Pro, see the benchmark:

PRO380 - PRO/VENIX V2.0:
========================
pk$ dryr
Dhrystone(1.1) time for 50000 passes = 86
This machine benchmarks at 581 dhrystones/second

pk$ drynr
Dhrystone(1.1) time for 50000 passes = 95
This machine benchmarks at 526 dhrystones/second

The four additional floppy disks contain also the source code which I
used to rebuild the missing binaries.

I wish you and the community much fun with the "new" resurrected
PRO/VENIX V2.0.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-04-26 22:36 UTC | newest]