At 2022-06-03T16:00:15-0400, Clem Cole wrote: > Recently a situation has arisen that compromises some of these principles > and thus the entire status of the project, creating consternation among > many users and contributors. I wonder if that issue would be the one referred to here. https://twitter.com/the_aiju/status/1526921795139514368 (I understand if Clem doesn't want to directly answer that.) It's probably impolitic to reference that matter, and if I'm right that's no doubt why reference to same was omitted from the announcement email. It is traditional for such statements to be high-minded even if they wouldn't be necessary but for the rather low conduct that compels their issue in response. The above situation seems similar to others we've seen before. It's probably even more impolitic to note that in the Debian Project, this sort of licensing shenangians would be referred to as "pulling a Jörg Schilling"[1]. I expect that time will soon tell whether an even better term would be "committing an XFree86". On a positive note, I'd like to express my thanks to the SIMH contributors past and present for making it straightforward to verify the behavior Unix V7 troff in my development work on groff. If Open SIMH remains dedicated to software freedom in the GNU and DFSG senses I expect it will enjoy overwhelming support. Cheers, Branden [1] https://lwn.net/Articles/195167/