At 2022-08-12T01:33:12+0000, segaloco via TUHS wrote: > - Either the original EQN paper is dropped or relevant bits mashed > together with the user's guide V7 Unix shipped sources for both[1] but all typeset versions of the Unix Programmer's Manual I've seen (both scanned and HRW's physical copies) omit the white paper. Having recently undertaken to re-set these with groff,[2] I surmise that this is because there was already much overlap in content. What remained in the white paper was largely the de rigueur journalese about why this contribution was significant and scientifically noteworthy. It may have been felt that paid licensees already perceived such value. Regards, Branden [1] https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=V7/usr/doc/eqn [2] https://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2022-July/026090.html