At 2022-08-12T00:46:57-0600, arnold@skeeve.com wrote: > "G. Branden Robinson" wrote: > > > Oh surely. I just don't know what sources those would be, exactly; > > > presumably some derivative he's been shepherded all these years? I > > > wonder what it is.... > > > > Per Kernighan's _Unix: A History and a Memoir_ (2020), it seems > > likely that it was simply groff. > > Knowing BWK, I personally doubt that he'd have messed with GNU pic > when he has his own copy of the original program that he himself wrote. Wishful thinking on my part, maybe. > I'm also quite sure that he prefers C to C++. No doubt--but groff is pretty accessible to C programmers, being almost entirely of an ancient vintage of C++. We don't have rvalue references inside lambda expressions inside templates, for instance. Regards, Branden