On Saturday, 10 September 2022 at 11:12:01 -0600, The UNIX Heritage Society wrote: > On 9/10/22 4:32 AM, David Arnold wrote: >> I imagine it was simply a mistake. > > I naively assumed it was an off-by-one / fat-finger / typo intending to > type seventeen. > > A slightly modified, nicer, form of the common quote: Never attribute > to malice that which is adequately explained by mistake. This is pretty much Hanlon's razor (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor): never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity Does anybody know if the Robert Hanlon to which the saying was attributed was the Bob Hanlon that I knew at Tandem? Greg -- Sent from my desktop computer. Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. See complete headers for address and phone numbers. This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php