The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Larry McVoy <lm@mcvoy.com>
To: Rob Pike <robpike@gmail.com>
Cc: TUHS main list <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Subject: [TUHS] Re: DMD 5620 simulator
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 17:33:25 -0700	[thread overview]

Huh, I thought it was less ad-hoc than that.  I never had access to the
source but you could look at what you could do on that terminal and you
just knew that people had put some thought into making high level
commands that knew what the terminal could do.

It was a cool idea.  Like anything, you look back and see what you could
have done better, but it was still a cool idea, a big leap ahead from
just a dumb terminal.

--
---
Larry McVoy           Retired to fishing          http://www.mcvoy.com/lm/boat