The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Larry McVoy <lm@mcvoy.com>
To: segaloco <segaloco@protonmail.com>
Cc: Paul Ruizendaal <pnr@planet.nl>, "tuhs@tuhs.org" <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Subject: [TUHS] Re: Origins of the frame buffer device
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 10:21:20 -0800	[thread overview]

I really miss terminal rooms.  I learned so much looking over the
shoulders of more experienced people.  Wait, you can run a paragraph of
text through fmt(1)?  How the heck did you do that?

I don't really miss it for me, I'm retired, but I think kids learning
are sort of at a disadvantage.  Not sure there is a youtube video that
teaches you to say:

:map , !}fmt<CR>

--
---