Hi Clem, At 2024-05-25T12:06:27-0400, Clem Cole wrote: > Ken [Arnold] was working in Ing70 [he was part of the Ingres group] - > IngVax did not yet exist, That does complicate my simplistic story. Ing70 was, then, as you noted in a previous mail, an 11/70, but it _wasn't_ running Version 7 Unix, but rather something with various bits of BSD (also in active development, I reckon). Nevertheless, I venture, the first officially distributed curses was in 4BSD, a VAX-only release. But, it stands to reason that BSD curses never got far from its -11-portable roots; it must have been obvious that the library would be desired on such hosts and the CSRG came to officially support it thus in 2.9BSD 3 years later. Hmm. I'll have to chew on how to recast that economically. Thanks for all the light you're throwing on this! Regards, Branden