The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Scot Jenkins via TUHS <tuhs@tuhs.org>
To: will.senn@gmail.com, tuhs@tuhs.org, gtaylor@tnetconsulting.net
Subject: [TUHS] Re: Old documentation - still the best
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2024 03:28:06 -0400	[thread overview]

Will Senn <will.senn@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/1/24 10:02 PM, Grant Taylor via TUHS wrote:
> > On 6/1/24 20:59, Will Senn wrote:
> >> ... "Introducing the UNIX System" by Henry McGilton and Rachel Morgan

This is a great book, and much of it is still relevant today.  The editor
tutorials and the document formatting chapters are outstanding.

> > Would you please share the ISBN for the book?
> >
> > It looks like there may be two different covers and I'm curious which
> > one you're referring to.
> >

> 0-07-045001-3
> 1983 - McGraw Hill
> Black cover, gray and white text, orangegish boxes:
> https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2398130.Introducing_the_UNIX_System
>
> Mine doesn't have the "A BYTE BOOK" or "McGraw-Hill Software Series for
> Computer Professionals headings" printed on the top, but otherwise it's
> the same book

FWIW, my copy does have the "A BYTE BOOK" and the "McGraw-Hill Software
Series for Computer Professionals" headings, and has the same ISBN and
publish date (1983), 556 total pages including the index.

The book doesn't appear to have any printing version on the copyright
page, just this above the ISBN, which I have no idea what it means:

	12 13 14 15 DODO 898765

scot