At 2024-06-27T16:27, Alan Coopersmith via TUHS wrote: > After the merger, Motif was included, along with CDE and the X Window > System, as part of The Open Group's "Unix 98 Workstation" standard. > Later versions of the Unix standards dropped the GUI components > altogether. > > > Motif, like X, was easily used by anyone who was an MIT CS grad > > student. OpenLook might have been used by Sun Workstation > > programmers, but I don't know if it ever appeared on any other > > system. > > At least the Xview library and olvm window manager were released as > open source, and were available on some early Linux distros. Some > other applications are still available from either > https://www.darwinsys.com/olcd/ or > https://github.com/IanDarwin/OpenLookCDROM . I am curious to know if OLIT and/or MoOLIT ever escaped in source form. Regards, Branden