On 7/17/20 2:08 PM, Michael Kjörling wrote: > I agree. For topicality, I think it's reasonable to draw the line > somewhere Agree. I use the following questions as a litmus test, requiring both to be true. 1) Does it fall into the broad category of Unix or Unix like operating systems? 2) Is it old ~> historic? I use the "historic car" definition as a guideline for how old "old" is. Specifically 25 years old, or older. If both of those answers are "yes", then I figure that at worst, someone might ask "please take this topic to COFF or elsewhere. I figure that there's a little bit of wiggle room for other topics, but would not be surprised if I needed to justify why it belongs on TUHS vs COFF. E.g. trying to resurrect an ancient protocol used by . > similar to what's already the case with the "true" unixes, if I'm > allowed to use such a designation. Eh ... can I get something to wash that down? I'm "okay" with such designations if you will back them up with a hard definition of what qualifies or not. > As a rule of thumb, something along the lines of: if it's got a > historical application (say, "how do I get UUCP running on this > Linux installation designed to replicate a 1992 system?") then it's > on topic; if it's solely about modern systems ("how do I get Wayland > running with my Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super?") then it's off topic. ACK -- Grant. . . . unix || die