The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] mt Xinu Unix manuals
@ 2018-03-20 21:56 Deborah Scherrer
From: Deborah Scherrer @ 2018-03-20 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

A while ago someone was asking about the mt Xinu Unix manuals.  I have a
found a complete set, currently owned by Vance Vaughan, one of the mt
Xinu founders.  He is willing to donate them to Warren's Unix archive.
However, they are too expensive to ship to Australia.

Would anyone be willing to scan them in for the archive?  Ah, there are
a lot of them (8? volumes).   If so, I might be able to ship them to
somewhere in the US.

Let me know.

Thanks.
Deborah

* [TUHS] mt Xinu Unix manuals
@ 2018-03-20 23:21 ` Toby Thain
From: Toby Thain @ 2018-03-20 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2018-03-20 5:56 PM, Deborah Scherrer wrote:
> A while ago someone was asking about the mt Xinu Unix manuals.  I have a
> found a complete set, currently owned by Vance Vaughan, one of the mt
> Xinu founders.  He is willing to donate them to Warren's Unix archive.
> However, they are too expensive to ship to Australia.
>
> Would anyone be willing to scan them in for the archive?  Ah, there are
> a lot of them (8? volumes).   If so, I might be able to ship them to
> somewhere in the US.

How are they bound?

The usual scanning repository is Bitsavers, where you can contact Al
Kossow (he's probably even on this list).

--Toby

> Let me know.
>
> Thanks.
> Deborah

* [TUHS] mt Xinu Unix manuals
@ 2018-03-20 23:23   ` Deborah Scherrer
From: Deborah Scherrer @ 2018-03-20 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks.  Al has already contacted me, as has David Arnold.  Amongst us
we'll get them to Warren.

Thanks everyone for the quick and wonderful responses!
Deborah