The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
 help / Atom feed
* [TUHS] Posters
@ 2019-02-03  1:35 Warner Losh
  2019-02-03  1:46 ` George Michaelson
                   ` (2 more replies)
  0 siblings, 3 replies; 12+ messages in thread
From: Warner Losh @ 2019-02-03  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 881 bytes --]

I found 3 tubes of posters I'd been hoarding since college (well, since my
first job after college).

There's the usual 18-year-old-boy stuff (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc),
but mixed in are a bunch  of OSI/ISO network stack posters (thank goodness
that didn't become standard, woof!), a couple movie posters, an 10th
Anniversary poster for RT-11.

The ones that will interest this group, maybe, are the Unix Feuds poster
with the wizard among the waring armies, A 20th Anniversary of Unix poster
by Tenon Intersystems which has a nice picture of Unix through 1990 or so
(with Tenon's Mach^ten 1.0 for Macintosh derived from BSD 4.3 and Mach) on
it. It's in decent share, but not in collector ready shape.

Oh, and I have a Eunice poster that mixes the best of VMS and BSD 4.1 into
a seamless environment.

Is there any interest from this group in photos of any of these?

Warner

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1059 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 12+ messages in thread

* Re: [TUHS] Posters
  2019-02-03  1:35 [TUHS] Posters Warner Losh
@ 2019-02-03  1:46 ` George Michaelson
  2019-02-03  2:07   ` Dave Horsfall
  2019-02-03  2:02 ` Dave Horsfall
  2019-02-03  2:27 ` Grant Taylor via TUHS
  2 siblings, 1 reply; 12+ messages in thread
From: George Michaelson @ 2019-02-03  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Warner Losh; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

Yes. even the Led Zep trash. Reddit will swallow this stuff if nobody
else does. Does it have Jimmy Page and his awful three-headed-guitar
and the violin bow?

-G

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 11:36 AM Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
>
> I found 3 tubes of posters I'd been hoarding since college (well, since my first job after college).
>
> There's the usual 18-year-old-boy stuff (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc), but mixed in are a bunch  of OSI/ISO network stack posters (thank goodness that didn't become standard, woof!), a couple movie posters, an 10th Anniversary poster for RT-11.
>
> The ones that will interest this group, maybe, are the Unix Feuds poster with the wizard among the waring armies, A 20th Anniversary of Unix poster by Tenon Intersystems which has a nice picture of Unix through 1990 or so (with Tenon's Mach^ten 1.0 for Macintosh derived from BSD 4.3 and Mach) on it. It's in decent share, but not in collector ready shape.
>
> Oh, and I have a Eunice poster that mixes the best of VMS and BSD 4.1 into a seamless environment.
>
> Is there any interest from this group in photos of any of these?
>
> Warner
>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 12+ messages in thread

* Re: [TUHS] Posters
  2019-02-03  1:35 [TUHS] Posters Warner Losh
  2019-02-03  1:46 ` George Michaelson
@ 2019-02-03  2:02 ` Dave Horsfall
  2019-02-03  2:04   ` Jon Steinhart
  2019-02-03  2:27 ` Grant Taylor via TUHS
  2 siblings, 1 reply; 12+ messages in thread
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2019-02-03  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 480 bytes --]

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019, Warner Losh wrote:

> I found 3 tubes of posters I'd been hoarding since college (well, since 
> my first job after college). There's the usual 18-year-old-boy stuff 
> (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc), but mixed in are a bunch  of OSI/ISO 
> network stack posters (thank goodness that didn't become standard, 
> woof!), a couple movie posters, an 10th Anniversary poster for RT-11.

Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin etc certainly :-)

-- Dave. the hippie pensioner

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 12+ messages in thread

* Re: [TUHS] Posters
  2019-02-03  2:02 ` Dave Horsfall
@ 2019-02-03  2:04   ` Jon Steinhart
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 12+ messages in thread
From: Jon Steinhart @ 2019-02-03  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

You might want to check with the Internet Archive
to see if they'd be interested in scanning them.

Jon

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 12+ messages in thread

* Re: [TUHS] Posters
  2019-02-03  1:46 ` George Michaelson
@ 2019-02-03  2:07   ` Dave Horsfall
  2019-02-03  3:23     ` Steve Nickolas
  2019-02-03 13:20     ` [TUHS] Posters Andrew Luke Nesbit
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 12+ messages in thread
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2019-02-03  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

On Sun, 3 Feb 2019, George Michaelson wrote:

> Yes. even the Led Zep trash. Reddit will swallow this stuff if nobody 
> else does. Does it have Jimmy Page and his awful three-headed-guitar and 
> the violin bow?

Getting OT, but I thought he played a twin-head, not a three-headed axe?

-- Dave

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 12+ messages in thread

* Re: [TUHS] Posters
  2019-02-03  1:35 [TUHS] Posters Warner Losh
  2019-02-03  1:46 ` George Michaelson
  2019-02-03  2:02 ` Dave Horsfall
@ 2019-02-03  2:27 ` Grant Taylor via TUHS
       [not found]   ` <CANCZdfoyNs+qq4FUkGiy-6EUV+6jm6zrHZks2t6tiXKopvdvpA@mail.gmail.com>
  2 siblings, 1 reply; 12+ messages in thread
From: Grant Taylor via TUHS @ 2019-02-03  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 305 bytes --]

On 2/2/19 6:35 PM, Warner Losh wrote:
> Is there any interest from this group in photos of any of these?

I would be interested in pictures of the computer related pictures to 
see if I'd be interested enough to pay for and / or for shipping on any 
of them.



-- 
Grant. . . .
unix || die


[-- Attachment #2: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature --]
[-- Type: application/pkcs7-signature, Size: 4008 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 12+ messages in thread

* Re: [TUHS] Posters
  2019-02-03  2:07   ` Dave Horsfall
@ 2019-02-03  3:23     ` Steve Nickolas
  2019-02-03  5:54       ` randium
  2019-02-03 13:20     ` [TUHS] Posters Andrew Luke Nesbit
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 12+ messages in thread
From: Steve Nickolas @ 2019-02-03  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Horsfall; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

On Sun, 3 Feb 2019, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Feb 2019, George Michaelson wrote:
>
>> Yes. even the Led Zep trash. Reddit will swallow this stuff if nobody else 
>> does. Does it have Jimmy Page and his awful three-headed-guitar and the 
>> violin bow?
>
> Getting OT, but I thought he played a twin-head, not a three-headed axe?
>
> -- Dave
>

Never seen him play any three-headed guitar, but wasn't his big thing the 
Gibson EDS-1275 "Double Neck SG"?  Don Felder used one of those to play 
his half of the guitar duet at the end of Hotel California.

-uso.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 12+ messages in thread

* Re: [TUHS] Posters
  2019-02-03  3:23     ` Steve Nickolas
@ 2019-02-03  5:54       ` randium
  2019-02-03 14:43         ` [TUHS] Posters - Led Zep amp Mike Markowski
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 12+ messages in thread
From: randium @ 2019-02-03  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Nickolas; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 977 bytes --]

Jimmy Page's big thing was *always* the Gibson Les Paul, but he did
play a double-neck
SG
<https://www.google.com/search?q=jimmy+page+gibson+sg&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjkk-v1757gAhUS6KQKHezbB1YQ_AUIDigB&biw=1680&bih=895>
with 12-strings on the upper neck and 6-strings on the lower neck.

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 4:23 AM Steve Nickolas <usotsuki@buric.co> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Feb 2019, Dave Horsfall wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 3 Feb 2019, George Michaelson wrote:
> >
> >> Yes. even the Led Zep trash. Reddit will swallow this stuff if nobody
> else
> >> does. Does it have Jimmy Page and his awful three-headed-guitar and the
> >> violin bow?
> >
> > Getting OT, but I thought he played a twin-head, not a three-headed axe?
> >
> > -- Dave
> >
>
> Never seen him play any three-headed guitar, but wasn't his big thing the
> Gibson EDS-1275 "Double Neck SG"?  Don Felder used one of those to play
> his half of the guitar duet at the end of Hotel California.
>
> -uso.
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1482 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 12+ messages in thread

* Re: [TUHS] Posters
  2019-02-03  2:07   ` Dave Horsfall
  2019-02-03  3:23     ` Steve Nickolas
@ 2019-02-03 13:20     ` Andrew Luke Nesbit
  2019-02-03 14:14       ` SPC
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 12+ messages in thread
From: Andrew Luke Nesbit @ 2019-02-03 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Horsfall, The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

On 03/02/2019 02:07, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Feb 2019, George Michaelson wrote:
> 
>> Yes. even the Led Zep trash. Reddit will swallow this stuff if nobody
>> else does. Does it have Jimmy Page and his awful three-headed-guitar
>> and the violin bow?
> 
> Getting OT, but I thought he played a twin-head, not a three-headed axe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n1l-_UiWbs

-- 
OpenPGP key: EB28 0338 28B7 19DA DAB0  B193 D21D 996E 883B E5B9

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 12+ messages in thread

* Re: [TUHS] Posters
  2019-02-03 13:20     ` [TUHS] Posters Andrew Luke Nesbit
@ 2019-02-03 14:14       ` SPC
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 12+ messages in thread
From: SPC @ 2019-02-03 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 618 bytes --]

*Everything* :-)

Cheers
Sergio

El dom., 3 feb. 2019 14:21, Andrew Luke Nesbit <ullbeking@andrewnesbit.org>
escribió:

> On 03/02/2019 02:07, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> > On Sun, 3 Feb 2019, George Michaelson wrote:
> >
> >> Yes. even the Led Zep trash. Reddit will swallow this stuff if nobody
> >> else does. Does it have Jimmy Page and his awful three-headed-guitar
> >> and the violin bow?
> >
> > Getting OT, but I thought he played a twin-head, not a three-headed axe?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n1l-_UiWbs
>
> --
> OpenPGP key: EB28 0338 28B7 19DA DAB0  B193 D21D 996E 883B E5B9
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1087 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 12+ messages in thread

* Re: [TUHS] Posters - Led Zep amp
  2019-02-03  5:54       ` randium
@ 2019-02-03 14:43         ` Mike Markowski
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 12+ messages in thread
From: Mike Markowski @ 2019-02-03 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

On 2/3/19 12:54 AM, randium@gmail.com wrote:
> Jimmy Page's big thing was /always/ the Gibson Les Paul, but he did play 
> a double-neck SG 
>  with 12-strings on the upper neck and 6-strings on the lower neck.

And this year, guitar players can sound like Jimmy

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/28465-sundragon-amps-announces-collaboration-with-jimmy-page

thanks to what the manufacturer would call a botched repair. :-)  (Sorry 
for lengthening this stray thread.)

Mike Markowski

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 12+ messages in thread

* [TUHS] Fwd:  Posters
       [not found]   ` <CANCZdfoyNs+qq4FUkGiy-6EUV+6jm6zrHZks2t6tiXKopvdvpA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2019-02-03 19:10     ` Warner Losh
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 12+ messages in thread
From: Warner Losh @ 2019-02-03 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 868 bytes --]

Meant to reply all on this....

Warner

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Date: Sat, Feb 2, 2019, 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: [TUHS] Posters
To: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@tnetconsulting.net>


I'll take pictures tomorrow. No zeppelin though...

I had hoped that I still had my ultrix version of Phil Figlio's original
usenix artwork. I can find the Usenix one and the Unix one, but not that
one online. Anybody have one they can share?

Warner

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019, 7:32 PM Grant Taylor via TUHS <tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org
wrote:

> On 2/2/19 6:35 PM, Warner Losh wrote:
> > Is there any interest from this group in photos of any of these?
>
> I would be interested in pictures of the computer related pictures to
> see if I'd be interested enough to pay for and / or for shipping on any
> of them.
>
>
>
> --
> Grant. . . .
> unix || die
>
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1621 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 12+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 12+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-02-03  1:35 [TUHS] Posters Warner Losh
2019-02-03  1:46 ` George Michaelson
2019-02-03  2:07   ` Dave Horsfall
2019-02-03  3:23     ` Steve Nickolas
2019-02-03  5:54       ` randium
2019-02-03 14:43         ` [TUHS] Posters - Led Zep amp Mike Markowski
2019-02-03 13:20     ` [TUHS] Posters Andrew Luke Nesbit
2019-02-03 14:14       ` SPC
2019-02-03  2:02 ` Dave Horsfall
2019-02-03  2:04   ` Jon Steinhart
2019-02-03  2:27 ` Grant Taylor via TUHS
     [not found]   ` <CANCZdfoyNs+qq4FUkGiy-6EUV+6jm6zrHZks2t6tiXKopvdvpA@mail.gmail.com>
2019-02-03 19:10     ` [TUHS] Fwd: Posters Warner Losh

The Unix Heritage Society mailing list

Archives are clonable: git clone --mirror http://inbox.vuxu.org/tuhs

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.vuxu.org/vuxu.archive.tuhs


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox