On 2/8/23 1:39 PM, segaloco wrote: > At least as far as I can glean from manuals, there is the "trouble" > command circa UNIX/TS 4.0 which was "a front end for the Piscataway > Change Management Tracking System (CMTS)". > > This was used to report issues over uucp to Piscataway where they > would then be transformed into Modification Requests, examples of > which in the form of the request form *and* a list of 1980-1983 > changes are in Sys V literature I've scanned. > > The utility would request: > - The user name > - Their location > - Phone number > - Type of request: Hardware, software, documentation, enhancement, and > unknown > - System: Product in need of support (usually unix) > - Release (can be N/A) > - Severity: 1 - highest 4 - lowest > - Date > - Abstract/Summary > - Detailed Description > > There is a note here too that unless stated otherwise, reports may be > selected for publication in the "Mini-System Newsletter". Fascinating. Thanks for the details. I did a quick search in the source archive and all I could find were these: NetBSD-5.0.2/external/bsd/openldap/dist/doc/guide/admin/troubleshooting.sdf OpenBSD-4.6/gnu/usr.bin/gcc/gcc/doc/trouble.texi OpenBSD-4.6/usr.bin/sudo/TROUBLESHOOTING V10/cmd/icon/docs/trouble.roff pdp11v/usr/man/a_man/man8/trouble.8 pdp11v/usr/man/u_man/man1/trouble.1 Anybody know what pdp11v is? or where the source code for the utility is? Did it send email, or what? Thanks, Will