On 9/20/2017 1:53 PM, Henry Bent wrote: > On 20 September 2017 at 12:58, Arthur Krewat > wrote: > > A note on the PC hardware front: > > > How do you feel about the fact that Solaris is essentially EOL now?  > I'm sure it will be reasonable to run for another year or two, but > where will you go after that? > Don't make me cry in my coffee :( Personally, I'll either run with it for as long as I can and deal with it, and hope that Oracle at least releases the last ZFS so it can be incorporated somewhere, or go back to FreeBSD which I used to run before Solaris X86 was available to me as Solaris 7, and use the earlier version of ZFS. Professionally, there's only Linux now - I'll use Oracle Linux for servers with Oracle products on them, but even then, I'm not liking the NUMA support. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: