The theory that Unix stood for "Emasculated Multics" has never quite died... At one point, a couple of people (I don't remember who) thought it was funny to answer the phone in the Lab by saying, in a high squeeky voice, "Unix Room".  They gave it up after a couple of people just hung up... Steve ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon Forrest" To: Cc: Sent:Sun, 24 Sep 2017 19:01:14 -0700 Subject:[TUHS] An Early Unix Group Meeting (funny story) I started using Unix in ~1977 at UC Santa Barbara. At some point around then we decided to host a Unix users meeting in the U-Cen student union building. We asked the facilities people to prepare a sign pointing to the meeting room. Imagine my reaction when I walked into the building and saw the following sign: "Eunuchs Group Meeting - Room 125" I don't know if any eunuchs actually showed up. Jon Forrest -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: