On 12/26/21 7:24 PM, Seth Morabito wrote: > On Sun, Dec 26, 2021, at 4:31 PM, Will Senn wrote: >> Did svr2 have anything similar to modern behavior when handling the >> delete/backspace key where the character is deleted from the input >> and rubbed out? The default, like in v6/v7 for erase and kill is # >> and @. I can live with this, if I can't get it to do the rubout, >> because at least you can see the # in the input, but if I can figure >> out how to get it to rubout the last character, I'd map erase to DEL, >> which I believe to be ^U (but since it's invisible, it's confusing >> when it doesn't rubout). >> >> Will > > You should be able to do `stty erase \^H` and `stty echoe` to get the > rubout behavior you want with ^H (and of course you can combine them > into one stty line) > > -Seth > -- >   Seth Morabito >   Poulsbo, WA > web@loomcom.com > > Got it working: echo 'stty intr \^c erase \^? kill \^u echoe' >> .profile relogin, and it works. Thanks!