The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: joe mcguckin <joe@via.net>
To: Paul Ruizendaal <pnr@planet.nl>
Cc: TUHS main list <tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org>
Subject: Re: [TUHS] STREAMS performance
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 15:55:48 -0700	[thread overview]

I seem to remember that Sun was trying to sell boxes to the airline / reservation industry, and one of the ways they came up with
to make Solaris handle thousands of ascii terminals was to push the character discipline code into streams in order to eliminate the multiple user/kernel
crossings per character being handled…

Joe

Joe McGuckin
ViaNet Communications