The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Who is that in the framed photograph near the ceiling?
@ 2021-08-08 21:23 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2021-08-08 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

great picture.

once again i am taken aback at the good taste of the residents of the unix room.

-Steve

* Re: [TUHS] Who is that in the framed photograph near the ceiling?
@ 2021-08-08 21:40 ` Kenneth Goodwin
From: Kenneth Goodwin @ 2021-08-08 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Simon; +Cc: TUHS main list

And their elite dumpster diving skills.....

@ 2021-08-09  0:38 ` Ken Thompson
From: Ken Thompson @ 2021-08-09  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Norman Wilson; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

dolly is at my home in san jose.
she says "hi."

@ 2021-08-08 22:14 Norman Wilson
From: Norman Wilson @ 2021-08-08 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

Steve Simon:

@ 2021-08-07 16:17 William Cheswick
From: William Cheswick @ 2021-08-07 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TUHS main list

> I don't think anyone knows. Nobody relevant, I believe.
>
> -rob

I understand that Dave Presotto bought that photo at a garage sale for $1.  The photo hung in
the Unix Room for years, at one point labeled “Peter Weinberger.”

One day I removed it from its careful mounting and scanned in the photo.  It bore the label
“what, no steak?”

The photo was stolen from a wall sometime after I left.  The scanned image is at
https://cheswick.com/ches/tmp/whatnosteak.jpeg

ches