The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Re: Free UNIX licenses
       [not found] <001301c15b6e$62b2cde0$49e01840@rcs.ra.rockwell.com>
@ 2001-10-23  2:49 ` Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2001-10-23  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article by Jonathan Engdahl:
> It looks like the SCO free UNIX license page moved:
> http://shop.caldera.com/caldera/ancient.html
>
> I hope Caldera continues the free license policy.

Thanks for the heads-up Johnathan. It looks like the license is
unchanged, so for now we're ok. But I should contact someone
there & see if we can open it up a bit more :)

	Warren

* [TUHS] Re: Free UNIX licenses
@ 2001-10-23  3:32   ` Michael Davidson
From: Michael Davidson @ 2001-10-23  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Warren Toomey wrote:

> In article by Jonathan Engdahl:
> > It looks like the SCO free UNIX license page moved:
> > http://shop.caldera.com/caldera/ancient.html
> >
> > I hope Caldera continues the free license policy.
>
> Thanks for the heads-up Johnathan. It looks like the license is
> unchanged, so for now we're ok. But I should contact someone
> there & see if we can open it up a bit more :)

Yes, there is no change to the license - all that happened is that
the web pages finally got moved across to the caldera.com domain.

I agree that the current license is *way* too complex - it's still
effectively just a cut down version of an old AT&T / SCO source
license - I would love to just get all of it "open-sourced" and
made completely freely available (might still have to be restricted
to non-commercial use, though).

I'll see if I can make any progress on this, but unfortunately it
isn't going to be very high on anyone's priority list right now.

Michael Davidson

(aka md at caldera.com)