The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Silicon Valley TUHS People
@ 2001-11-06 18:57 Matthew Whitehead
From: Matthew Whitehead @ 2001-11-06 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anybody on this list reside in Silicon Valley like myself and have access
to surplus PDP-11 or early Vax hardware? I've gotten a good deal of the
'ancient unix' software going on the Supnik emulator (it's great!), but now
I want to get an actual PDP-11/70 or 11/45 going (perhaps a Vax 11/780 or
11/750).

Yeah, I know the actual power usage for such a beastie averages around 6000W,
but I won't run it all the time. :-)

Lists of hardware suplus places known to carry such stuff greatly appreciated,
but it has to be close.  I don't want to get clobbered with a huge shipping
bill.

- Matthew

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-11-06 18:57 UTC | newest]