The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] A Couple of Early Networking Unix System
@ 2017-02-24  4:21 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2017-02-24  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

All, thanks to the hard effort of Noel Chiappa and Paul Ruizendaal,
we now have a couple of early Unix systems with networking modifications.
They can be found in:

   http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/Early_Networking/

I'll get them added to the Unix Tree soon.

Cheers, Warren
* [TUHS] A Couple of Early Networking Unix System
@ 2017-02-24  4:35 ` Cory Smelosky
From: Cory Smelosky @ 2017-02-24  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017, at 20:21, Warren Toomey wrote:
> All, thanks to the hard effort of Noel Chiappa and Paul Ruizendaal,
> we now have a couple of early Unix systems with networking modifications.
> They can be found in:
>
>    http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/Early_Networking/
>
> I'll get them added to the Unix Tree soon.
>
> Cheers, Warren
> Email had 1 attachment:
> + signature.asc
>   1k (application/pgp-signature)

Hmmm. Now SIMH's PDP-11 emu needs to talk to the IMP simulation ;)

--
  Cory Smelosky
  b4 at gewt.net

* [TUHS] A Couple of Early Networking Unix System
@ 2017-02-24  7:27   ` Lars Brinkhoff
From: Lars Brinkhoff @ 2017-02-24  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:
> Hmmm. Now SIMH's PDP-11 emu needs to talk to the IMP simulation ;)

Yes, please do add some kind of IMP to SIMH!  (Off topic, don't read
this: I want it for the PDP-10 running ITS, as any kind of networking
option is sourly missing.)

* [TUHS] A Couple of Early Networking Unix System
@ 2017-02-24  7:28     ` Cory Smelosky
From: Cory Smelosky @ 2017-02-24  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want it for:

1). VAX
2). pdp11
3). pdp10
4). Incomplete sigma simulator

;)

Sent from my iPhone

@ 2017-02-24 13:32 ` SPC
From: SPC @ 2017-02-24 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oh, yes... the "Walden" simulation (speaking informally). I'd like to
put my hands on these stuff, yo can be sure.

But seriously: these efforts from Noel and Paul (Congratulations)
deserves to be reflected in an IMP hardware simulator under SIMH (at
least), both the interfaces and the IMP itself. And at least I do not
care if it goes slower than hell.

Gracias | Regards - Saludos | Greetings | Freundliche Grüße | Salutations
--
Sergio Pedraja
--

@ 2017-02-24 13:23 Noel Chiappa