On 05/10/2018 10:18 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote: > Yes, but rnews understood batching from day one. It would have been > insane to execute rnews on each and every article sent across. (I made > that mistake in a config file once; that the remote host didn't completely > die was a testament to CTIX.) That's why every news transport batched > up multiple articles into a single 'uux remote!rnews' job. This existed > from at least the bnews software, and we always called them "news batches" > or similar. Well, I don't know what to say. After a LOT of research, extracting old archives, digging through a LOT of things, I can only come to the conclusion that what have been called "bag" files in the circles that I've traveled in are in fact the output of batcher, thus standard "#! rnews " files. I think part of my confusion was that I was working with using UUCP at the same time to transport files via sneaker net using something similar to batcher / rnews files. I guess I conflated the two things. I'm sorry for the confusion. > There were no "bags." They might not have been a different format (like I thought) but there were most definitely referred to as "bag" files in the circles that I've traveled. I have repeatedly found reference to them, around DNews, and being called "bag" files because of the ".bag" file extension that they had. I haven't been able to find anything to indicate if the nickname came from the file extension or if the file extension came from the nickname. chicken ("bag") <-> egg (.bag extension) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Thank you all for your input. I'm sorry for the confusion. -- Grant. . . . unix || die -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: smime.p7s Type: application/pkcs7-signature Size: 3982 bytes Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature URL: