On 12/24/21 1:09 AM, Warner Losh wrote: > > > On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 9:39 PM Will Senn wrote: > > All, > > Are there any bootable media available for any SVR 2 systems > available online? Or are they all under IP lock and key? If so, > what's the closest system that is available to get a feel for that > variety of OS? > > > You can find pointers to System Vr4.2 on i386 here > https://www.in-ulm.de/~mascheck/various/ancient/ as well as System > III, but nothing in between. > > http://squoze.net/UNIX/sysV_pdp11/Installation has system Vr1 on a > pdp-11 installation instructions. This is, as farĀ as I know, the only > version of System V that ran on the pdp-11. The porting target was > changed to the VAX in system Vr2 (though there were VAX versions of > both System Vr1 and System III, the latter on squoze.net > ). > > https://archive.org/details/ATTUNIXSystemVRelease4Version2 has the > sources to the different System V releases and claims to have a cpio > of the System Vr2 sources that could create a bootable system. > > On vetusware.com , you can search for SYSVr2 and > find 2 entries. I've not looked at them. One claims to be the source, > and the other claims to be a dump of /usr with sources and binaries > (but no "/" nor bootable tapes it would appear). The entries for these > indicate there's animport of BSD code, but no TCP/IP. > > Finally, there's this page on installing System Vr3 on a 3b2 from > scratch. https://loomcom.com/3b2/installing_unix.html looks good to my > eye. It's an installation from floppies. > > But no bootable tapes that my googling could find. > > Warner Thanks Warner. I remembered 3b2 coming available, but had lost track of where. Thanks for the summary and links. Will