On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Larry McVoy wrote: > I added TCP/IP to SCO which is some sort of sys v thing (I think, it's > been a lot of years).  I think Lachman (where I was working at the > time) did a lot of streams based TCP/IP, they may have done one for > the vax. I've seen lots of sco stuff say it's SYSV... like Xenix 2.3.4 ... So I guess it's not outside of that realm. It's too bad SCO never did bundle the dev kit & networking or that Linux thing probably never would have gained commercial traction.. but then that's just my wild guess. > > But why would you want it?  It was a steaming pile of sh*t. > Morbid curiosity I guess... seeing as it's basically all but dead. I guess the SYSV stuff we ran on the 3B2's was more modern, and 'usable' just as SYSVr3 (AIX) certainly was/is. That and it's been cool slowly getting SYSIII to go so in a way I wanted to line up the last Bell UNIX, SYSV to be able to run it on SIMH... It certainly wouldn't be for anything 'production' grade, but I guess it was this, or spend more time with 386BSD on Bochs...... Anyways I just got my first callback from Novell, and they are forwarding it to the "linux team" for clarification on what on earth SYSV even is...