The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: w.f.j.mueller@gsi.de (Walter F. Mueller)
Subject: [pups] jove editor under 2.11BSD and cursor keys
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 21:06:28 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello,

I'm using the jove editor under 2.11BSD, the jove release is
from 1988. It works just fine, except for the cursor keys.
Even though the ansi-codes function is properly bound,
'ESC x describe-bindings' shows:

     ESC [  ansi-codes

I get whenever I hit one of the cursor keys the message

     [ESC O unbound]

TERM is set to vt100, termcap is ok, and the xterm used is
started with -ti vt100. vi for example works and accepts the
cursor keys, a dump of the chars emitted by xterm show that
the proper \[[A ect sequence indeed arrives.

Any help or hint on how to get this to work is very much
appreciated.

			With best regards,
				Walter Mueller