The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Audio of Maike Mahoney's oral history interviews?
@ 2011-07-05  0:46 Warren Toomey
From: Warren Toomey @ 2011-07-05  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

All, several years back Mike Mahoney interviewed several of the original
Unix players for a Unix oral history. The transcripts are at:
http://www.princeton.edu/~hos/mike/transcripts/

At the time AT&T were going to release these in audio format, but it seems
to have fizzled out. Does anybody know if the audio interviews ever got out?
The transcripts are fine, but in places they show "(unclear)" when a word
or name is used, and of course it's exactly that name you want to find out.

Many thanks for any leads.
	Warren

* [TUHS] Audio of Maike Mahoney's oral history interviews?
@ 2011-07-05 18:04 ` Al Kossow
From: Al Kossow @ 2011-07-05 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/4/11 5:46 PM, Warren Toomey wrote:
> All, several years back Mike Mahoney interviewed several of the original
> Unix players for a Unix oral history. The transcripts are at:
> http://www.princeton.edu/~hos/mike/transcripts/

I would track down "~hos" at Princeton to see if they have them.

Mike's papers went to the Charles Babbage Institute at the University of Minnesota
http://special.lib.umn.edu/findaid/xml/cbi00213.xml
you could check there as well.

I'll also forward this to the SIGCIS mailing list

* [TUHS] Audio of Maike Mahoney's oral history interviews?
@ 2011-07-05 21:04   ` Al Kossow
From: Al Kossow @ 2011-07-05 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/5/11 11:04 AM, Al Kossow wrote:
> On 7/4/11 5:46 PM, Warren Toomey wrote:
>> All, several years back Mike Mahoney interviewed several of the original
>> Unix players for a Unix oral history. The transcripts are at:
>> http://www.princeton.edu/~hos/mike/transcripts/

msg I forwarded to Warren:

Mike Mahoney originally did these interviews in collaboration with Bell Labs, and the AT&T Archives
held the original cassette tapes. I recall seeing them  back  when I was  at the AT&T Archives.
But I don't believe that AT&T ever released the recordings.

Sheldon Hochheiser, Ph.D.
Archivist and Institutional Historian
IEEE History Center
Rutgers University